Two months ago I started a project. A project to go from being lost and unmotivated, to get back to joyful me and from there become the ideal me. On the 16th of May I wrote down my feelings and my goals for the next coming month of this project in a blog post. You can read it here.
I wrote an update on the project one month ago – read it here.
How I felt one month ago
One month ago, I felt great. I was feeling like myself again, I was excited and determined to create the life I want. I was productive and kept tracking how I felt every day, I did Pilates, drank enough water, had weekly and daily goals. I was on fire!
How I feel now
As I write this, I have just arrived to Stockholm. I have mixed feelings. I feel relieved to be home and peaceful from the calm and fresh air of my town. But I also miss the buzzing life of Paris and just everything about France. However I feel like I’m on the right path. I’m where I’m supposed to be. I still haven’t gotten everything in order and don’t feel organized at the moment. But it will come! I believe in myself.
What have I done this month?
Week 6 – During this week, I felt like I had a fallback or at least a very reflecting week. I kept thinking about the past. How I behaved. What I could have done differently. At the same time, I told myself that I can’t change the past but only learn from whatever mistakes I made and react differently in the future. I’m not so consistent and I don’t sleep that well since I’m so much in my head. The best moment was when I finally booked my ticket home and felt very excited about this new chapter.
Week 7 – I still don’t sleep at the best hours, but in difference to the previous week, I feel much more positive and I think forward. Monday to Thursday I’m super productive and I genuinely feel great again. I spend the weekend with a Swedish friend doing all kinds of touristy things. I felt good about barely seeing anyone during the week and then enjoy myself during the weekend.
Week 8 – During this week, I decide to be nicer towards myself as I only have two more weeks in Paris. My sleeping hours, the Pilates and meditation are not as prioritized. I don’t do weekly and daily goals as disciplined as the previous weeks. I spend my week working and seeing friends to enjoy Paris and say goodbye.
Week 9 – This week is very similar to the previous one but more stressful with the packing and preparation for the move. Except for that, I enjoy and treat myself. I see friends, have many interesting conversations and a lot of laughter. This week, I don’t do any weekly or daily goals at all. I just go with the flow and memorize my tasks in my head.
In the previous post about this journey I had a few goals for the coming month.
- Have two more habits consistent (consistent sleeping schedule should be one of them)
- X I don’t have two more habits that are consistent and the sleeping schedule is definitely not one of them
- Feel even more evolved physically, mentally and spiritually
- X✓X I feel mostly evolved mentally as I really focus on reacting from the heart and not the mind as much. I keep separating my thoughts into these two categories.
- Have seen as much as I can of Paris (been up in the Eiffel Tower, exhibitions, been inside Sacré Coeur, gone Versailles etc.)
- ✓ I have really used my last weeks in Paris well. I did almost all of the above and a little more!
- Have an idea of what I want to do when I get home and have some sort of plan
- ✓ I have an idea and a rough plan which will be more defined now when I’m home in Stockholm.
- Make Happy Careerista even stronger!
- ✓ This blog is really growing in readers, likes and comments all the time. Thank you all for the support!
- Happily fly home to Stockholm
- ✓ Two days ago I said a last goodbye (for this time) to Paris and France and I felt good about it. I was ready.
So I achieved almost all of the goals. It was still well done in my opinion. But as I’m home now, it’s time to step up my game!
Next months I want to
- Be back in my routines (sleep, food, training, work, goals etc)
- Have updated my CV, LinkedIn profile and have a clear plan regarding work
- Have made some improvements to Happy Careerista and started investing more into the brand
- Have spent time catching up with family and friends
- Have re-read my favorite book
- Take proper care of myself
- Feel 100% like I’m heading into the right direction in my life in Stockholm
If you managed to get through the whole text – thank you for coming by! Another update will be coming August 4th. Meanwhile;