You know as well as I know, that we often take things for granted. Right? I thought about this today and felt like I had to write a little list of things and people I want to appreciate more. Here are five of them;
- The fact that I live right by the sea (for only a few more days). My home in Sweden is on an island in the archipelago of Stockholm. This means that I only have a few minutes walk from the water. Unfortunately,I haven’t gone down to the water much during my short time at home. Only a few times. It makes me feel so good and peaceful once I do though. I can go sit on the beach and watch boats in various sizes float by and just breathe in the fresh air. Since I’m leaving to go abroad soon again, I should take these last few days to really appreciate this.
- My little mommy. It seems like my life is moving in high speed right now and it changes quickly. I didn’t expect to move abroad until just a week ago and so didn’t my mother. I feel bad for leaving her again (we basically only have each other) but she has always known that I want to live a “gypsy life” for a while before settling down at one place. I want to treat her a little extra and make her feel like she means a lot to me even if I’m leaving her again so quickly.
- The friends that ask me how I’m doing. I have a couple of friends that contact me regularly to see how I’m doing. With no other reason than just wanting to chat a little. These few friends are from different parts of the world and some of them I haven’t even known for a long time. But still, they are really some of my best friends right now. Because they genuinely care enough to check up on me. Now, I know many of my friends are busy building a future or just enjoying their lives – so am I. But I just want to give these few people some extra appreciation for being so sweet even when I’m bad at contacting them – thank you, guys! 🙂
- The offline world. I have touched on this subject in previous blog posts but I really want to appreciate the offline world more and stay offline more often. I want to enjoy a good meal without taking a photo of it, I want to go on a party without uploading anything on Snapchat and I want to spend more days without scrolling through my Facebook feed.
- The now. This is linked to the previous one. I am happy with my life and I am enjoying the process of reaching to my goals. But I feel like I could live even more in the moment. More mindfulness! Really taste my food, really appreciate the precious moments with my loved ones and even enjoy a train ride without looking on my phone. Life is here and now, right?
Do you have some things you’d like to appreciate more? Let me know in the comments below or write a post about it and send me the link! 😀 And as always…