It’s time for another personal post which puts myself in focus. Something I’m not a big fan of, but people seem to like to know more about the person behind Happy Careerista. Little me 🙂
Lately, I’ve been asked 3 quite big questions about my life and my goals. I’d like to share my answers with you.
- What does your family situation look like?
My family situation is quite special. I grew up with only one parent. That’s not so special. Many kids grow up with a single parent. But my mother was the only family I had. I knew that I had uncles, aunts and cousins in many countries, but I was not close to anyone of them. My mother moved to Sweden, far away from her family and has only gone back a few times. One time was when I was 16 and I got meet a whole bunch of them. That was very overwhelming for me. I had never had a big family and BOOM there were women who looked alike my mom, feeding me exotic fruits and spicy food.
I always had problem with emotions and love. I think I seem very loving and caring on this blog and I am. But I also have a toughness and a coldness to me. I don’t take anyone to my heart. I don’t always know how to handle people’s love for me. I think it has a lot to do with my upbringing. It’s not that I grew up in a place without love. But I grew up in a country where independence is so important. As soon as you’re 18, you can decide everything by yourself by law. And since I had only one parent, I grew up with the determination that I would work myself up to a point where I could give back to my mother so that she could live her dreams she had to forget when she had me. I didn’t want to depend on anyone. Not her, not a man, not a friend, no one. I’m not used to be surrounded by a big family who I could fall back to. If I fell, I would fall back on the hard, cold ground.
But then I have gotten to a point in life where I am working with people who treat me like family. It’s something I’m still getting used to. So my family right now is my mother and my team. Not a traditional family, but who cares? Love is love.
- Where are you in 10 years?
If a lot can happen in just one year, then imagine what can happen in 10! In 2026, I’ll be 30 years old and I think I’ll be a happy 30-year-old. Right now, in my vision, I see myself working with the same people as now. We will have built so many amazing things together. I have worked enough that it allows me to be a family woman. I see myself living in France or Italy somewhere, with a summer house on the Swedish countryside. My mother has gotten a house from me somewhere where she finds peace and happiness. I am happily married to my twin flame (who I have a feeling will be European, but not Swedish), I have gotten my first child and I am at peace with everything. All I need is my family, my friends and my team. Together we can create possibilities and spread happiness.
- If you could start any company, what would it be?
I have especially four things that might sound crazy and risky, but that I’d love to start;
- A school. I’m not sure exactly what type of school. Elementary school, high school or university. But a school that is innovative, creative and really teaches the students how to go after their dreams. That nothing is impossible.
- A car brand. I used to design cars when I was little. I would make up a brand, create a slogan, and then design model after model. Small cars, SUV:s, sport cars… You name it. I would still love to do that as I love cars and speed.
- An airline. Just as I love cars and speed, I love airplanes too. I love flying. There are so many airlines in the world but if I came up with a concept and had the resources, I’d love to start my own airline.
- A clothing brand. Again, I loved designing clothes when I was younger. I loved looking through fashion magazines and my favorite brands were Versace, Emilio Pucci, Balmain and Chanel. They all have something extra. I hope to start my own clothing brand one day during my life. It would be one of the toughest and most fun projects I would ever do 😀
Puh! I lot of text, but I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. Do you have a question? Leave it in the comment section 🙂